Monday, November 7, 2011

What I Learned From Weekend Two

I feel like the big theme from weekend two was, have balance.  It was very clear that when you are in an administrative position, you have to find balance between your job and your family.  In excepting an administrative position, you have to have a strong family support in order to do your drop well.  The exercises at Urbandale Middle School allowed me to see what all to consider when in a leadership role.

On Sunday we had two important guests come and speak with us.  Jason Glass, from the Department of Education and the Assistant Principal at St. Francis.  I may not always agree with what Jason Glass has to say, but in the two visits he's made to our class, I always learn more about where he thinks Iowa Education should go in the future.  My teacher colleagues would probably not appreciate this ccomment, although very vague, I agree with many of the concepts of the Iowa Blueprint.  However, even after his response to my question about testing in the 3rd grade, I do not agree with this at all, and probably never will.  The Assistant Principal at St. Francis, provided tips and suggestions for prospective administrators.  I really appreciated his advice on interviewing, resume's, and use of technology for organizational methods.

Overall, I always find that the School Management class has provided me with tools that I can use in the future as an administrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment